Check out my LinkedIn profile below!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-peterson-8137b219b

This profile incorporates my previous school and work experience but does not include some side work and pieces that add to my professional description. (This is because they are negligible compared to information listed).

Volunteer & Extracurriculars

Yellowhead 4-H Club

The Yellowhead 4-H Club has given me the opportunity to give back to my local community over the years. My experience as a member spanned 6 years and was filled with volunteer events that were aimed to support people who have supported me growing up in a small community. As a senior member, I learned the important roles of taking responsibility and helping younger members succeed. This type of mentorship allowed me to reflect on what I needed in my younger years and how I could help others that were in need and looking for guidance. This turned into a leadership role and ultimately gave me incentive to pursue a career where I could directly help individuals better themselves.

Highschool Tutor

Throughout my high school years I found myself as one of the few who found an interest in my studies. This made it easier to adapt and quickly achieve what was expected of me during class time and I found myself with extra time. This was put to good use by tutoring other students during and outside of class time. It truly opened my eyes when tutoring other students because I had assumed that everyone was often on the same thought process more or less. Having this experience pushed me to be adaptable and truly talk to individuals to get to know their learning methods in order to help them in the most efficient way possible.

Event Volunteer at Barriere Elementary School

Throughout my high school years, I was also a volunteer for event days like Fun Day and Track & Field at the local elementary school. This involved leading groups of youth through stations and other activities and pushing my abilities as a leader. In hindsight, this was a truly great opportunity for me that started the development of my classroom management skills at an earlier stage than most.

Employment & Travel

Barriere Country Feeds

I have worked at Barriere Country Feeds full and part-time throughout my years of schooling. This has spanned from when I was 12 years until today. This job has given me an extraordinary amount of interaction through the customer service aspect of this job. The role of being a till clerk has shown me the social skills that are needed to create a reciprocal working relationship with customers and other coworkers. I think that that is very important for my future relationship building with parents and other staff members within the education system. Another key aspect is conflict resolution. As I progressed to the title of assistant manager I have acquired the skills that help me settle conflicts that arise when interacting with others. I think that this definitely applies to teacher-parent relationships that form within the classroom and school setting.

Observations When Abroad

I have been fortunate enough to have travelled to many parts of Canada such as Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland. I have also had the opportunity to explore parts of the world such as Hawaii and Australia. All of these places have one piece of education that they all share: communication. Communication is something that most of us take for granted and do not contemplate in our everyday lives. I think that it is very important for students to be able to express themselves in ways that expand beyond speech. There many variations of language that are spoken throughout the world but there is always a common goal of trying to convey understanding and emotion. No matter what part of the world you are in, those remain the same. Something that I hope to impart on my students is the importance of communication and expression and recognizing our own unique way of relating to one another.